14 Dec Oatmeal with Egg Whites
Oatmeal with Egg Whites
This Oatmeal with Egg Whites has the perfect balance of carbs, protein, fat, and flavour to keep you satisfied longer. Besides it is so quick and easy to make.
Prep and Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 T ground flaxseed
- cinnamon to taste
- Optional: for additional fibre add 1 T psyllium husks
- unsweetened almond milk
- chopped walnuts
- Combine rolled oats and water in microwave container
- Microwave (no cover) for 1-2 minutes
- Stir in egg whites
- Microwave 1 minute
- Let stand covered for 1 minute
- Gently mix in ground flaxseed, (psyllium husks if desired), and cinnamon
- Add almond milk
- Option: heat to desired taste temperature
- Top with walnuts
- Use large enough bowl to avoid overspills.
- Add walnuts last.
In a breakfast rut? Try this Oatmeal with Added Egg Whites. Enjoy! Let me know what you think.